Choose Your Coverage
And learn about ways SCJUA can help your practice.
Finding the right coverage starts with the JUA.
Each and every day, you take great care in making decisions that affect both your patients and your profession. Why should your decisions regarding medical professional liability insurance be any different? The truth is: choosing the right coverage can be one of the most important decisions you will make in your medical career.
There are many factors to take into consideration, and you need an expert, objective and experienced partner like the JUA to help you evaluate your options.
Key questions to consider include:
- What type of medicine do I practice?
- Where is my practice located?
- What unique exposures does my practice have?
- How should these factors and loss benchmarking impact my decision on limits?
- What South Carolina claims experience does my carrier have?
- Do I really understand how Claims-made coverage differs from Occurrence coverage?
- Does the carrier I am considering offer BOTH Occurrence and Claims-made coverage for my specialty?
- Do I see my practice selling in the near future, or am I considering retirement?
- Is my practice expanding and adding staff or procedures?
- Do I need to carry a separate policy for my practice in addition to my personal policy?
- What is the most economically efficient way to get the best coverage?
The JUA offers more medical professional liability coverage options than any other carrier in South Carolina, combined with affordable rates, guaranteed1 coverage and the most experienced defense team available.
Our primary concern is not gaining market share, or whether you buy Claims-made or Occurrence coverage, but that you have the information you need to make a fully informed decision.
What better philosophy can you ask for in an expert, objective and experienced partner?
Call or contact the JUA Underwriting team and put their experience to work for you.
1Coverage may not be available for some applicants with past licensing or regulatory actions or other exceptions. Please consult the JUA underwriting department for complete details.
What People Are Saying...
My experience with the JUA has been very positive. I have observed a close informational sharing relationship between the JUA, their clients and defense attorneys. The JUA has been fair and reasonable in deciding which cases to bring to trial.Physician
The JUA worked extremely hard on our behalf to find a professional liability insurance solution that gave us the coverage we needed at a price that we could afford. We truly felt that they had our best interests in mind throughout the process.Practice Manager
We welcome the opportunity to answer any questions you have regardless of your current insurance provider. For time sensitive requests, please contact a MMA colleague directly. The MMA cannot bind or alter coverage based on instructions received through our Contact Us form.